Cloud-based services make it easier than ever to implement an enterprise service management solution into your business.
In this article, we'll examine what Dynamics 365 Field Service Inspections is, how it works and how it can help you make your business more efficient and profitable.
Overview: What Is Dynamics 365 Field Service Inspections?
Dynamics 365 Field Service Inspections is a solution that helps organisations create, assign, and manage field service inspections. Dynamics 365 Field Service Inspections comes under the widely known Dynamics 365 Field Service application.
How Does Dynamics 365 Field Service Inspections Work?
Field Service Inspections is built on the Dynamics 365 platform. The solution consists of multiple modules that deliver a complete inspection management experience, including:
- Inspections – Create, assign and review inspections for your technicians. Completed inspections can then be audited with a full audit history trail.
- Assignments – Assign an inspection to one or more technicians based on criteria like work order type or geographic location. Users can also automatically schedule follow-up appointments based on the results of an initial inspection via email or SMS text message reminders.
- Scheduling – Schedule appointments using your preferred calendar system whether it’s Outlook calendar, Google calendar or any of the wide range of other supported platforms.
[caption id="attachment_15476" align="alignnone" width="1250"] Understanding Dynamics 365 Field Service Inspections[/caption]
What Is Dynamics 365 Field Service Inspections Used For?
Dynamics 365 Field Service Inspections has many applications all aimed at simplifying and streamlining the process of inspecting field service operations. Capabilities span all aspects involved in the field service process including:
- Equipment Inspections: Conduct regular inspections of equipment and assets to ensure they’re in proper working order. Technicians can use the dedicated mobile app to capture data, perform checks, and identify issues.
- Safety Inspections: conduct inspections that maintain compliance with safety regulations and protocols. Technicians can perform safety checks, document their findings, and generate detailed reports with ease to ensure the safety of both customers and employees.
- Quality Control Inspections: Dynamics 365 Field Service Inspections can be used to keep consistent quality standards. Technicians can use the application to assess the quality and accuracy of work completed.
- Compliance Inspections: technicians can use Dynamics 365 Field Service Inspections to verify that all necessary procedures, documentation and safety measures are in place.
- Site Assessments: evaluate locations, assess requirements and log relevant data to make better-informed decisions about resource allocation, timings and project planning.
- Operational Assessments: Track the status of field service operations by creating inspection requests and assigning them to technicians or customers.
- Custom workflows: Create different inspection types based on your business needs and industry requirements. For example, you can create an inspection request for general maintenance checks or one dedicated specifically to field failure analysis (FFA). You can also set up alerts so that you know when a technician needs to perform a specific task such as changing batteries on devices in remote locations without internet connections.
Utilising Dynamics 365 Field Service Inspections
Dynamics 365 Field Service Inspections is a powerful and flexible solution that brings together the workflows and processes of your field service teams. It provides users with the ability to manage the inspection process from start to finish, including assigning tasks and performing follow-up activities such as requesting additional information or issuing corrective actions.
Its functionality can also be integrated into other solutions like customer care, invoicing or claims processing by leveraging Akita’s integration capabilities.
Akita is an experienced Microsoft Dynamics 365 Field Service development partner. Find out more about our capabilities: