Functional Consultant – Business Central
Akita Intelligent Solutions is the specialist business technologies and insight division of Akita Systems Limited. With over 20 years of experience in digital success solutions, our consultants design, develop, manage, and support business intelligence technologies for organisations across the UK and internationally. We create bespoke solutions using technologies in the Microsoft 365 stack, including SharePoint, the Power Platform (Power BI, Power Apps & Portals, Power Pages, Power Automate), Dynamics and Business Central. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional digital support with the highest levels of customer service.
About The Role
As a Consultant with a focus on Business Central, your role will involve:
- Recognising and developing opportunities for new and existing customers, adding value to their business through efficient and cost-effective solutions.
- Creating repeatable delivery processes to increase the efficiency of Business Central implementations.
- Being responsible for workshops with customers to identify requirements and opportunities for improvement.
- Interpreting customers’ requirement and translating into a clear solution design document.
- Analysing breakdown and troubleshooting customers’ practice and functional processes.
- Identifying opportunities to migrate customers from other platforms to Business Central.
- Delivering solutions for customers using Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and the wider Power Platform.
- Carrying out business analysis to ensure an efficient and cost-effective solution is proposed.
- Configuration and testing, with a detailed introduction to the customer, and providing appropriate support.
- Installation and data migration to Business Central.
- Being customer facing and responsible for training and implementation of Business Central, ensuring customers understand how to maximise use of the product, through a structured and user-friendly delivery method.
- Monitoring and updating in line with the contract of service, including identifying opportunities to extend Business Central, where appropriate.
- Ensuring delivery of projects in line with agreed project plan, including, timelines, budgets, customer expectations and resource planning.
- Supporting Service Desk by troubleshooting issues with Business Central, demonstrating a professional, respectful, and proactive approach to customer service. To give support during and after implementation to customers.
- Being budget conscious and assisting the team with the necessary control for successful delivery.
- Being an ambassador of the Company and the software solution that we provide.
You may be required to undertake additional tasks within your capabilities and fulfil other duties in line with business needs.
- Proven track record of building strong customer relationships.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Advanced knowledge of D365 Business Central, financial, supply chain/warehousing, manufacturing and service management.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Business process and prototyping skills.
- Analytical, creative and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to do data migration.
- Proficiency in all areas of project management and delivery, written and practical.
- The ability to work with clients, collaborating from design to ‘go live’.
Desirable Skills And Experience
- A Computing / IT degree
- Experience of providing digital success solutions to both large corporate and boutique customers.
- Previous employment with a Microsoft Partner.
- Training customers on D365 Business Central and UAT handholding.
- Knowledge of Continia
- A logical, methodical approach to the task at hand.
- Excellent attention to detail, quality, and accuracy.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- High standards of customer service.
- A personable nature.
- A history of being a proven self-starter.
- Effective communication across cross-functional teams and diverse clients / stakeholder.
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise workload.
- Constructive problem-solver.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Salary: Competitive, dependent on qualifications and skills
Start date: ASAP
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 42.5 hours per week
Shift times: 08:45 – 17:15
Holiday entitlement: 32 days, rising to 38 days subject to terms after 3 years’ continuous service (including 8 bank holidays)
Sick pay: Contractual sick pay commences after 6 months’ continuous employment (terms apply)
Location: Remote, UK based (client travel will be required)
To apply for the role please submit your CV via our recruitment portal: