Akita create bespoke solutions using technologies including Microsoft Dynamics, SharePoint, Business Central and Power Platforms. We are now looking for a new Junior SharePoint Consultant to join our team at our Kent office.
As a Junior SharePoint Consultant at Akita, you will:
- Provide valuable project support to the Consultants and Developers within the Akita IS team, as they deliver bespoke solutions using the product portfolio, primarily SharePoint and the Power Platform.
- Assist as necessary with project delivery, to include assigned aspects of:
- Design and customisation.
- Project write-ups.
- Data migration.
- Monitoring and updating in line with the contract of service.
- Communicate clearly, effectively, and confidently with internal and external stakeholders, demonstrating the values of Akita IS through the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Recognise and develop opportunities for new and existing customers, adding value to their business through efficient and cost-effective solutions.
- Provide assistance, when required, for the Akita IS helpdesk, delivering outstanding customer service to external customers.
- Provide assistance fielding support tickets on behalf of Akita IS by reviewing, assessing, and allocating tasks received through the Helpdesk.
- Fulfil other duties, in line with business needs.
- An understanding of core Microsoft products, including Office 365
- Being able to work well both in a team or independently as required.
- An awareness of project management and an ability to multitask.
- Analytical and creative thinking skills to help customers solve business challenges.
- Ability to present yourself in a confident and professional manner.
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A good understanding of web-based software and relational databases.
- Previous experience in a customer support-based role.
- Previous experience with Microsoft business software.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A logical, methodical approach to the task at hand, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- A personable nature.
- A history of being a proven self-starter.
|Salary:||Dependent on qualifications and skills|
|Hours:||42.5 hours per week|
|Shift times:||08:45 - 17:15|
|Holiday entitlement:||32 days, rising to 38 days subject to terms after 3 years’
continuous service (including 8 bank holidays)
|Sick pay:||Contractual sick pay commences after 6 months continuous employment (terms apply)|
To apply, please submit your details via our portal: